November 6, 2006

God Knows Me!

Yesterday, we had a sermon on Psalm 139. I was struck once again with how awesome God is, and with the greatness of His love for us. He knows everything about us; He knows what we are feeling or thinking, even before we express anything to Him. There is nothing about us that we can hide from Him because He knows it all. He is always there, in every step we take, whether it be good or bad; He is there watching us.

Psalm 139:1-6, 23-24
O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are aquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it all together.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid You hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing . . . why me? God simply answers: "I love you because I love you." I can't help but be overwhelmed by that!
Thank you for the reminder once again!