February 15, 2007

Music, Music, Music!

I tried playing Amy's flute yesterday. Now I have tried (besides violin and piano) a double bass, organ, guitar, xylophone, and flute. And every time I try another instrument, I love music even more! You don't have a true appreciation for the talent of others until you have tried it yourself. I had never tried a wind instrument before . . . and its harder than I thought it would be! It has put a desire in me to learn the flute though. We'll see what happens, cause I'll have to use my sisters to practice.
And then there's Kimberly. She picked up my violin and she's already figured out how to play When I Survey the Wondrous Cross on it . . . and I didn't show her anything except how to hold the bow. She makes me sick!! Of course, she plays guitar, so she has experiance with playing a stringed instruments. Amy tried it too, but once Kim got a hold of it, she wouldn't let go of it. She's playing it again now . . . I have let other people try my violin on various occasions (cough, cough), but she is the best by far!
Anyway, we took some really sweet pictures of our instruments and one of the roses that Dad brought home for Mom last night. They have lighting effects and everything! I'll try to post some later. They are gorgeous. But the credit goes to Kim for having the idea in the first place. We took over half of the livingroom floor and turned out the lights on Mom and Dad, put on the little piano lamp and took lots of pictures. It was fun! And that's when the whole thing about trying each others instrument started . . .

5 comments:

Ben said...

I thank God for music every day. It's one of the most beautiful gifts he gives us.

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

don't you just love how one wonderful thing leads into another?!?!?! Can't wait to see the pictures! and Kim...maybe we should put YOU on violin at the Freeway tonight!

Carol-Lee Joy said...

Hey now, are you trying to get rid of me Jacinda? Nasty . . . I can just stay home if you really want me too. Kidding!. I couldn't stay away if I tried.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

Oh, and I've been trying to post some pictures, but something is wrong with our computer or something, cause it just doesn't seem to be working to post them. I'll keep trying though, cause they're really cool!

Anonymous said...

Keep trying! I really want to see pictures of you guys!

Oh, and maybe we can do a duet on the flutes when I get back! lol, I don't have time to "practice" lately, so I'm really not progressing at all . ..
I'm so glad God created music . . . what a wonderful picture of the song He is writing in our lives.