February 13, 2007

So Blessed

I have been really encouraged and blessed by some awesome friends this weekend. And then last night, I was listening to Selah on the way to Living Worship practice. I hadn't listened to them in a long time. Once again, their beautiful music and lyrics blessed me. Sorry you can't hear the music . . . it makes the lyrics so much better. The instrumental parts are amazing (even though I think the orchestra is really a keyboard!).

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary

When troubles come and my heart burdened be

Then, I am still and wait here in the silence

Until You come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas

I am strong, when I am on Your shoulders

You raise me up . . . to more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger

Each restless heart beats so imperfectly

But when You come and I am filled with wonder

Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity

and . . .

When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord

When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea

When I cry for help, oh, hear me

Lord and hold our Your hand

Touch my life

Still the raging storm in me

I think that sometimes God uses people, more specifically Christian friends, in our lives to be His 'hand' stretched out to us, Him 'sitting a while' with us to encourage us. They are one of the most amazing blessings that God can ever give to His children.

Lyrics from Selah 2004: Hiding Place

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song . . . it has been known to actually make me emotional at times. :)

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

Amy said exactly what I was going too! great minds think alike or something like that?! Naomi and I usually sing Josh Groban's rendition...i love it!