January 3, 2008

an odd feeling. and a good one.

I wrote the letters 2 0 0 8 for the first time today. Well, for the first time in reference to the year 2008 anyway:) It felt odd. And I started thinking about what this year will bring, particularily in May and June (exams, and turning 20!!!) and I started getting scared and anxious and stressed out.

- - - - - -

This is my new favorite passage.

Isaiah 43:1-7
1 But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned . Nor shall the flame scorch you.
3 For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
4 Since you were precious in My sight, you have been honored, and I have loved you; therefore I will give men for you and people for your life.
5 Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west;
6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth -
7 Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him.

- - - - - -

Maybe I should think a bit more what this passage says. That God loves me. And so I shouldn't worry about what this year will bring my way.



1 comment:

nadine j. said...

I like the next part as well, it goes on to say that we are witnesses to God's truthfulness. He tells us that He has chosen us that we may know and believe Him and understand that He is God. He warns us that without Him there is no saviour. He says that no one can change what He has done. That is kind of a blessing but also a warning, for He is not only the one who saves but also the one who condemns.

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.
12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.
13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?"