March 24, 2008

crazier than I thought.

So in trying to digest it all, I realized that this weekend was crazier than I thought. So many things happened that I'd forgotten about half of it already!

  • dessert and information evening for Amy and Monica's Malawi trip. At which I learned a pile of stuff concerning what they'll be doing while they're there. Also where I led singing with Kim, Anton and Ryan
  • Had a short and good talk with a friend
  • Nadine slept over on Thursday night, which caused the no-sleep business to start...and some interesting conversations to spring forth
  • ROOTS conference where we did a LW evening-ish
  • Drove home and back to Rockwood an extra time because I failed to remember to bring my violin for LW...and had a talk with another friend during the drive
  • Hung out with LW people and friends on Friday night
  • Nadine, Justine and Mieke slept over on Friday night, which caused many hours of sleep to be stolen by many hours of talking and laughing
  • Worked on Saturday morning and came home to my family insisting that I sleep before going to back to the conference...while my brothers and sisters and Anton created our costumes for the Royal Dinner: nights in 'shining armor' - aka 'news paper'
  • Met new people and talked to old ones
  • Got to know people better
  • Met some of Anton's friends
  • Used a whole tank of gas
  • Participated in the Lord's Supper, which was a refreshing experience
  • Played in the Lodder's church with Justine and Anton...woot!
  • Hung out with the extended Lodder family
  • Didn't get enough sleep
  • Was encouraged by numerous amazing Bible passages

No wonder I'm so tired.

4 comments:

nadine j. said...

Take that lump!

mieke. said...

haha. oh nadine, you make me laugh. it was so fun girls!

Amy said...

Good memories!!
(Hey Nadine, I have a few more lumps for you to work out!! Just make sure they leave and don't get transferred to a new location)
:)

nadine j. said...

Woot! More lumps!