March 27, 2008

my salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge.

psalm 62:7

So true. Where would I be without God? In depression, I'm pretty sure.

Instead, I can soar on eagle's wings. He gives me things that I never expected. Things I need.





Conversations.



Friends.



Communion of the saints.



His Word.






and the list goes on and on...


. . . .


There is way too much truth in the fact that if life wasn't hard, if life happened without struggle or trial, we wouldn't see the beauty in life.
Beauty is hard to see sometimes when you're struggling. But if you didn't struggle and wrestle with things everyday, I don't think you'd see beauty. Ever. It wouldn't be important to you. You would be blind to it.




We still want to be reminded

that the pain is worth the thunder.

Jars of Clay









And when we are reminded of that, we see beauty. Beauty in God. In His love. Mercy. Grace. Compassion. Care. Faithfulness.

I don't pretend to know a lot about beauty, but this is one of many aspects of beauty that I think is true.


As hard as it is to say this sometimes, when we don't even know if we believe it, others remind us through God's Word to us, our hearts and souls can still say...

God is good ALL the time!

2 comments:

nadine j. said...

You can not "sore" on eagle's wings, my dear. You can "soar" on eagle's wings.

But yes, I understand what you are trying to say.

However, heaven is not going to be a struggle, and it will be beautiful beyond belief.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

thanks....haha.:)