April 22, 2009

at choir's end.


A lot of people I know like to bash roses. I don't know why. They say they wouldn't want to recieve one from their boyfriend (or potential boyfriend), or anyone else...they would prefer wild flowers or other exotic flowers. I love recieving those flowers as well, don't get me wrong!

But when you get a rose, it makes you feel pretty special. And I don't care if no one else likes them, because I do. I like the brilliant red. I like the scent it leaves in the air. I like the thoughtfulness behind it. I like the 'thank you' that it symbolizes. 

I'm quite enjoying my rose, thank you. 




3 comments:

nadine j. said...

I'm not going to lie, I do quite often think that roses are slightly overdone and lame.

But, I'm again not going to lie, I went to Costco with Julia and she was showing me the colour of the roses that she's doing in a wedding later this year and they were probably fantastic. So, I would not be mad at all if someone gave me a beautiful yellow rose.

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

I was going to say "yay for Anton!" but then I remembered you getting it on Monday night, right? :)

oh well. yay for Anton anyways :) I'm sure he treats you well.

Captain Carrot said...

yeah...I can't take credit for any roses that Carol-Lee has recieved recently. But I won't forget this...