October 16, 2006

Praise the Lord!

"Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!" Psalm 150:1, 4, 6

Yesterday, my sisters Amy and Kimberly, and I played our flute, guitar, and violin sitting on the counters in the kitchen. (There are some awesome acoustics in there!) We played a whole bunch of praise songs off the top of our heads. I love being able to play praise songs with my sisters. Dad sat in the dining room listening to us. He loves listening to us play, no matter what kind of music it is.

One of our family's favorite praise songs is "Sanctuary".

Lord, prepare me

To be a sanctuary

Pure and holy

Tried and true

With thanksgiving

I'll be a living

Sanctuary for You

It is You, Lord

Who came to save us

The heart and soul of every man

It is You, Lord

Who knows my weakness

Who gives me strength

With Thine own hand

Lead me on, Lord

From temptation

Purify me

From within

Fill my hear with

Your Holy Spirit

Take away all my sin

"Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful." Psalm 147:1

3 comments:

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

that's like one of my favourite songs! (like you didn't know that!) :P it was very nice to read it again. We can never be reminded too often about living lives that are holy before God. you have excellent posts btw, and I really enjoy reading them!

love you

Anonymous said...

Wow, that song brings back a flood of memories ... I will never sing that song again without feeling incredibly emotional and worshipful and remembering Mrs. Goheen with tears streaming down her face, your presence beside me, the feeling of unity with everyone, my goodbye party . . . again, with you beside me. Camp Tamarack -- so many things, and most of them tied back to you!! :) I love you and miss you so much, especially hearing about playing music together. Never underestimate your priviledge of having a piano to play on every day and a violin. I am teaching myself slowly but surely to play the flute, but it is not the same as pouring your heart and soul out on an instrument you know well. I can't wait to play with you guys again!!

Anonymous said...

what wonderful memories that song brings back to me...the whole chior standing in a circle around the room making the room echo with that beautiful song and feeling so clearly the awesome presense of God! Its still one of my favorate songs!