October 11, 2006

Awesome God

Last night on the way home from a Living Worship practice, I was listening to this song and realized once again how awesome our God is. I stand in awe of His majesty, His workmanship, and His love for me! This song simply says that when we think of His awesome goodness and love, we are speechless.

I'm finding myself at a loss for words

And the funny thing is it's okay

The last thing I need is to be heard

But to hear what You would say

Word of God speak, would You pour down like rain

Washing my eyes to see Your majesty

To be still and know that You're in this place

Please let me stay and rest in Your holiness

Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You

Beyond the music beyond the noise

All that I need is to be with You

And in the quiet I hear Your voice

Meditating on His Word is such a blessing. There are so many passages that are just filled with praise to God, and with comfort for our souls. Psalm 103

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful Carol-lee! We truly do serve an awesome God who's also blessed me iwth awesome friends! Thank-you for your insight....you better let more people know about this beautiful spot online!

Anonymous said...

I love that song . . . the tune just fits with it, doesn't it?

I remember one time especially when I was seriously at a loss for words- could not speak for being in awe of God. It is an amazing experience. I especially love being "still and know . . ."
Welcome to the world of bloggers, by the way! I am so excited to be able to catch more glimpses into your beautiful heart.