October 10, 2006

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I had such a wonderful time with family and friends. But most importantly, remembering all of the blessing that God has given me. While I was out this weekend, whether driving or hiking, I loved to look at the beautiful fall leaves and think of what an awesome and amazing God I serve!

After our dinner, my family shared with each other some of the things that we have been thankful for over the past year. I am thankful for:

My family - God has given me a wonderful family that loves the Lord.

My parents - I am blessed with parents that care about me and love me. They love the Lord, and have taught me in His ways. Sometimes they seem annoying, but then I think about why they are so careful and I realize that they only love me and want to keep me from getting hurt.

Friends - I have some really amazing friends that I can share things with and talk to. You know who you are and I thank God for you a lot.

Faith - I am most thankful that God has chosen me to be one of His chosen people. It has been a year since I made profession of faith, and I have grown so much in that year. I am still mystified as to why He would choose me to be one of His daughters.

Music - God has blessed me with the gift of making music, and the opportunity to serve Him through it, whether in church, in our youth group, or in my job.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works! Glory to His name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord! Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face forevermore! Remember His marvelous works which He has done. His wonders, and the judgements of His mouth." Psalm 105:1-5

"Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits." Psalm 103:1-2

No comments: