November 24, 2006

He Holds My Hand

"You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest regions, and said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' . . . For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'fear not, I will help you.' . . . The poor and needy seek water, but there is non, their tongues fail for thirst. I, the Lord, will hear them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will open rivers in desolate heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. I will plant in the wilderness the cedar and the acacia tree, the myrtle and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the cypress tree and the pine and the box tree together, that they may see and know, and consider and understand together, that the hand of the Lord has done this, and the Holy One of Israel has created it." - Isaiah 41:9-10, 13, 17-20

"See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands." - Isaiah 49:16a

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine." - Isaiah 43:1b

Reading the book of Isaiah is an amazing journey. Seeing God's wrath poured out against His enemies and then the beautiful imagery that describes how He gives His remnant, His chosen people, a second chance. God is so full of mercy and love! And what makes Him love a sinner? It continues to remain a mystery to me. But I know that it is a comfort that He calls me by name, He holds my hand, and He is there in every valley and trial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My absolute favorite Bible texts, Carol-Lee . . . I've flipped to Is. 41 so many times I think that page will be worn out soon!

A sister hug sent your way! OOO