November 16, 2006

JOY

I have been reading "Wonders Never Cease" by Phil Callaway. The last chapter was my favorite, especially this part, "After all these years and all the things I've seen, I still find each day too short for all the prayers I want to pray, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. The longer I live, the more I'm coming to love God. And the more I love Him, the more I find to be thankful for."

Everyday, I learn to love God more as well. Even when it seems like my life is a repeat; week after week, doing the same old things. But life is so much more than just living, it is living for God! He created us for one purpose, to bring glory to Him. What an amazing calling! It is so easy to forget that we have a high calling, and to become bored with life. But in Christ there is a so much joy and overwhelming happiness and thankfulness for all the blessings He gives us.

Today, I was sitting in my room, listening to music, and I decided to come up with a Bible verse for each letter of my middle name, Joy. The words will probably seem a little strange when you read them, but the verses will explain why I chose them. The first verse speaks of our joy in Christ, and my church gave it to me when I did profession of faith. The second one says that we can turn to God for comfort when we are lost, afraid, or just feeling down. The last one is a simple description of our service to Him as His children.

Joy - "Therefore with joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation." Isaiah 12:3

Overwhelmed - "From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

Yoke - "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:30

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm . . .reading your blog often gives me that feeling of doing my devotions ... just makes me want to grab my Bible and spend some time with the Lord. You have truly brought joy to me, Carol-Lee!
p.s. that rhymes! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely post again! (As always!) I've also heard that joy is:

J-Jesus first

O-Others second

Y-Yourself last

I try to remember that every time I email or blog...esp. considering that's my username!

Carol-Lee Joy said...

I like that one. Thanks for sharing it!

Zephaniah 3:17