December 11, 2006

Another Song . . . Psalm 20

Psalm 20 has been one of my favorite Psalms for a long time, so I wrote a song on it. I would have to say that this is my second favorite song that I have written so far.

May the Lord answer you
In the day of trouble
My the name of God defend you
May He send you help
From the sanctuary
And strengthen you out of Zion

Now I know that the Lord
Saves His chosen ones
He will answer them from
His holy place
With the saving strength of His hand

May the Lord grant you
All your heart's desire
May the Lord fulfill your purpose
May the Lord give you
All of your petitions
And answer you when you call

Some trust in chariots
And some in horses
But we will remember the Lord our God
They have all bowed down
And they have fallen
But we will rise up and stand

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome, carol-lee! i'm super excited to HEAR it!! :D

Carol-Lee Joy said...

Yay! Welcome to my blog Justine. And I can't wait to share it with you, especially after your encouraging words for the last song I played for you.

Anonymous said...

hey carol-lee, i like that one! you must play it for me sometime

Anonymous said...

p.s.

Anton