February 8, 2007

Before Him Bend the Knee

Lord's Supper is on Sunday. I was just thinking about that and this hymn by John M. Wigner popped into my head . . . and it won't go away, especially the phrase 'no vain excuses frame, for feelings do not stay.' It's weird cause I can't remember the last time I have heard this one, or the last time we have sung it in church.

Come to the Savior now

He gently calleth thee

In true repentance bow

Before Him bend the knee

He waiteth to bestow

Salvation, peace and love

True joy on earth below

A home in heaven above

Come to the Savior now

Ye who have wandered far

Renew your solemn vow

For His by right you are

Come like poor wandering sheep

Returning to His fold

His arm will safely keep

His love will ne'er grow cold

Come to the Savior now

He offers all to thee

And in His merits thou

Hast an unfailing plea

No vain excuses frame

For feelings do not stay

None who to Jesus came

Were ever sent away

Come to the Savior now

What'er your burdens be

Hear now His loving call

"Cast all your car on Me"

Come, and for every grief

In Jesus you will find

A sure and safe relief

A loving friend and kind

2 comments:

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

Hi Carol-lee....wow! you're more faithful than I am :(

busy life...that's an understatement...

We just celebrated Lord's Supper last Sunday....I love your preparation words...good ones to read before next communion.

See you tomorrow night! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this song ... now it's going to be stuck in my head! I miss singing hymns - we sing a few at the church I go to, but most of them have different tunes.

Love & miss you . . .