February 5, 2007

So Many Questions...So Much to Live For!!

This weekend was so full of excitement and fun and fellowship! And also two compelling sermons on Psalm 22 and I Corinthians 1, and an amazing Bible study on envy at Young People's. I have so much to ponder and think about.

Do I envy anyone, whether for their looks, character, talents, or possessions? How can I guard myself from jealousy and envy? Would I be able to approach that person and admit my envy?

Has Jesus Christ just become a piece of furniture in my life? Have I become to flippant in my worship of Him? Is Jesus truly the only comfort I have in life AND death? If Jesus is not ashamed to call us brothers and sisters, am I ashamed to confess Him as my Lord before a watching world?

Is the cross foolishness to me, or the power of God to me? Is the world's wisdom foolishness or valuable wisdom to me? Am I living a life of joy and hope in Christ, and in so doing, affecting those in the world I am in contact with? or does my life NOT reflect a changed life in a wonderful Savior?

So many important questions. And through God's strength, may the answers always be glorifying to His name and a testimony to His presence and hope in my life.

"Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus; that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, no imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. For He has made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Corinthians 5:9, 14-21

1 comment:

Ben said...

Great questions! I'm glad that by God's grace I can answer some of them positively! A wonderful blessing Godd gives us is success in our battles! I pray that He continues to give you success too.