November 22, 2007

let it snow.

okay, i really don't like that song. playing it a million times every Christmas at the ballet studio has worn any of its goodness out of me. but it fits right now.

this morning i woke up to snow. and i was grumpy about it. i didn't want to have to go out in it. it looked cold and windy and miserable outside.

and then i went out in it. all afternoon. for music lessons.

and i decided that i was being ridiculous. kidding myself out of enjoying something so beautiful. so clean. so white. it made me think and feel these two things:

1. it made me think of how God washes us in Christ's blood. and makes us, as the metaphor goes, "white as snow".

2. its giving me the cozy feeling of a warm house, with a hot chocolate in your hand, and looking outside at the beauty of the ice cold snow covering the brownness of the earth. it's giving me the Christmas spirit. a month early:)

so let it snow. and snow. and snow.

6 comments:

nadine j. said...

FLIP! I should have posted that on MY blog.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

you still can!

i liked it:)

justine said...

Nadine, did you take a creative writers' course or something...that's beautiful!
:)
and Carol-Lee, your post is beautiful too. i also love the snow, but definitely don't fully enjoy walking around in it all the time... (the wet-feet syndrome is nasty...must go winter boot shopping!)

hot chocolate though...yum!
hope to see you soon! (both of you!)

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

mmmmmm.....I went for a walk in the Winter Wonderland today....I saw the chickadees tiny little footprints dotted in the snow, smelt the neighbor's woodstove warming their home, tasted the hot apple cider in my thermos, felt the satiny scarf you made warm my neck, and tasted the snowflakes melt on my tongue. :)

all of a sudden, I love winter more than I thought I did.

God is very creative. :)

Carol-Lee Joy said...

i think snow is making us all think very creatively or something.

justine says my writing was beautiful, and nadines is beautiful. and i say jacinda's is beautiful and creative.

woot woot for creativity. thank you God for creating creativity. and for being creative and showing it in the beauty of the snow!

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to have a snowball fight with you.
and go tobogganing
(its on my to-do list)