March 19, 2008

pride versus humility

Pride tells me that I am the center of my life and that I can make it on my own, that I don't need to confess my sin to God because I don't have much to confess.

Humility tells me that God is the center of my life and that I have mountains of sin that I need to confess to Him, and by doing so I will be able to grow in my faith and be blessed by God.

1 Peter 5:5-7

Blessing from God will not come if we don't humble ourselves and realize that we need to confess our sin before God. If we don't realize that, we have a form of pride taking over our hearts. And then we will not grow in faith. We will shrink in it.

2 comments:

nadine j. said...

Humility also tells you that it's not your life. It's also a gift from God.

What are you using God's life for?

Lawren said...

I keep having to remind myself of that... to use the life God has lent me wisely!