I found this on two different sites online.
Journaling is helpful and beneficial because:
1. It is a route to self-correction and self development.
2. Proven method of self help or healing that is used by many clinical psychologists.
3. The ability to transcribe thoughts helps to identify where negativity is coming from.
4. It can be an easy solution to complicated problems; helps solve tricky problems.
5. Can help you gain clarity in decisions etc.
6. Your progress in working through things (life) is recorded, and you can go back and read it anytime you need to (for encouragement, reminders etc).
What do you think about this? Are these true statements? Is journaling good and okay for these things?
Is it okay to be pretty reliant on journaling to keep your thoughts - and thus your emotional, spiritual, and mental state - in order?