December 5, 2006

AND . . . Song IV

I wrote this song a few weeks ago, but I didn't have it perfected until now. It is based on some verses in Isaiah 25 and 26.

"For You have been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat; for the blast of the terrible ones is a storm against the wall. And it will be said in that day: 'behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the Lord; we have waited for Him; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.'" Isaiah 25:4, 9

"O Lord, we have waited from You; the desire of our soul is for Your name and for the remembrance of You. With my soul I have desired You in the night, yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early." Isaiah 26:8

I've waited for Him

And He will save me

This is the Lord, my God

I've waited for Him

O Lord, I've waited for You

My soul's desire is You

Me spirit within me

Will seek You

You're a strength to the poor in heart

A help to those in distress

A refuge from the storm

And a shade from the heat

No comments: