January 26, 2007

Communion of the Saints

I was listening to Casting Crowns: Lifesong this afternoon and the song Stained Glass Masquerade (previous post) came on. I love that song. It says so well what I often think about in our little Christian communities. We often try to hide how we really feel inside from others around us so that they won't see what we truly think and feel, what we fear or worry about. We want others to think that we are strong and maybe even perfect, and have everything in our lives under control.

Then I got thinking about blogs. And how amazing it is that through something as small as a blog on the big web, Christians can not only be a witness to those who might happen to read our blog, but we can also, as Christian young people, learn about and learn from eachother and encourage one another by hopping from one blog to the next (as I do sometimes), leaving and encouragement here or a fun one there.

I think we often get frustrated with the increasingly high tech world we live in. At least I do. Or we take for granted the internet, or even computers. Thank you God for things like email and blogs and some pretty awesome young people in my world to learn from and get to know. The Christian community is a truly amazing one to be a part of!

Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep (Rom 12:15). God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord (1 Cor. 1:9). But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble (1 Cor. 8:12-13). And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you, so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints (1 Thess. 3:12-13). Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world (1 Peter 5:6-11).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post!

so what's this I hear about you not being able to change the looks of your blog? :)

it's beauitful! love it!

Carol-Lee Joy said...

ya, but how do you add links to other people's blogs on the sidebar? is there anyone out there that can help me out on this?

Anonymous said...

I love that song, too . . . Really, I'm scared of plastic people because with them I am forced to be plastic as well. Deep, intimate community with others never happens when you are both putting on a plastic mask.

I'm not really familiar with blogger, but with my blog I just go to "configure" and click on "sidebar" on the top. From there, I can make a blogroll, inserting names and the blog's URL. Hope this helps you figure it out!

Captain Carrot said...

yeah, wow, blogs..cutting edge of technology. i cant wait to see how they implement them into our nation's space program. I'm going to get a wireless blog as soon as they get out...no more leashes, no more wires, just freedom to be technologically advanced.




yeah so if you want to link to other blogs, you just go to your dashboard thing and press layout. it will display a really dumbed down version of your blog with the names of certain items that are displayed on your blog(example: instead of showing the last post you made on your blog, it just has a big box with the words 'blog posts'. so on the side there may or may not already be an inactive section for links..if so go into, if not click on 'add a page element' and then a box should pop up with options and you click on "Link List" and it will go to the editing place for that list. You then type in something cool in the 'title section' like "My Goofy Friend's Blog". Then type into the 'New Site URL' box, after the http://, "www.rollercoasteroperator.com/" but dont include the quotations. Then put in the name box something like.."An Interesting Blog By Anton" and then press 'Add Link' and then 'Save Changes'. Now if you look at your blog it will have alink to a blog on it. If you go back to the layout you can edit this list to add people to it or change its name or take certain people off it(especially if you change the name to like...'Important things that you should read'). You can also create another Links List in the same way as you just did so ifyou want a section of links for 'Goofy People' and a different one for "Actually Worthwhile" then you can. And you can also put links in there to important websites that you want to reference people to...it does'nt have to be blogs. just copy the address of said website into the url box(make sure that it only has the 'http://' thing in it once).

so like you could ad this link to your blog: 'http://www.texasmonthly.com/food/produce/carrots.php'
and then put a title like'Cool Guy From Texas' and then you would have a link to a website. I hope that helps you Carol-Lee..i know that it may seem like i oversimplified this process, but you ARE the only person i know who didn't know how to RECIEVE a text message...no bad on you, but i just thought I'd be clear. Technology moves so fast these days, its impossible to keep up.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

Okaaaay, that's cool. And I definately appreciate the over-simplifying. Now . . . to see if that helps me. I can be pretty dumb where technology is concerned. Let's see what I can do!! Thanks for the help! And the longest comment I have gotten so far on my blog!

Carol-Lee Joy said...

COOOOOLLLL!!!!!! It worked! Thanks . . .

Captain Carrot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Captain Carrot said...

oh..good work..i see you also discovered the picture feature, among others. well congratulations. thanks for linking me too, even though it doesnt work. you should actually put "www.rollercoasteroperator.blogspot.com" in..my bad though.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

Ya, sorry about that. I fixed it now, and tried it . . . so it works now. And I found out that I'm one of the links from your blog. Neat. Yes, once I got started, well, I couldn't stop updating with pictures and stuff.